Thursday, June 29, 2017

Nightly Maud #129

https://derpibooru.org/1173447
So to briefly summarize, there are three things that pushed me toward watching the show these two years ago:

1. Friendship...My friend Brianna toward the end of senior stole my assignment book in chorus class. I tried to watch her with it and upon return, I flipped to a doodle of what she had drawn. I inquired what the thing she drew was. "That's an alicorn." In response to my puzzled look, she explained a bit about the show and to give it a try. She had a bit of leverage because we share other similar interests in shows and games.

2. Random YouTube browsing...I spend a decent amount of time online. Shopping, looking at art, being "social" and most prominently listening/watching YouTube videos are just the things I enjoy doing on down time. I found a couple of videos about the game Moonbase Alpha. The game is supposed to be a "space simulator", but it is most well known for people playing about with the text to speech program in the game. I found this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B488z1MmaA [pony stuff starts at 2:16]) and listened to some of the songs they were able to play through the program. I don't know why, but the songs just really stuck out and upon further investigation; I was like, "My Little Pony? Huh."

3. Boredom...Long story short, My dad had to get shoulder surgery and post op I had to keep and eye on him for 48 hours. So what did I do in that time? That's right. Watched MLP.
I was hooked after episode 1 and the "what happens next?" factor really got a hold of me. It was such a weird reality that I was watching and enjoying a little girls show. Not only that, but I was missing out for so long!

Thanks for reading everyone. How did you join the fandom?

No comments:

Post a Comment